lundi 25 novembre 2013

J+39/ Vendredi 22 novembre 2013: Return to Mumbai and departure for Goa

The 6:00 AM train takes me to Mumbai CST in a little more than 6 hours. Impossible to sleep there even with my earplugs and travel pillow. Driver trimmers the horn every 10 seconds: each time it approaches a station, enters a station, crosses another train or detects people on the railway. Food sellers chanting their songs every 5 minutes. The medu wada seller tries to show me how to get rid of my empty plate: by simply opening the window and throwing everything on the railway. I stop him and pack my stuff in my bag. Now I understand why the railways are filled with garbage. Indian people are so nice and generous with me. A young couple going to see a doctor for their first pregnancy offers me my spicy potatoes and green peas doughnut (puri bhaji) and later another woman insists on sharing her meal (vegetables with spinach) with me. When we arrive in Mumbai, I leave my backpack at the cloak room and wander through Mumbai again with my new indian friend Mohamat met at the train station. My train for Goa is scheduled for 11:00 PM so I am happy to be in good company. That afternoon, I try 2 new drinks: the coconut water (directly in the coconut) and the sugar cane with ginger and lemon. Both delicious. When the train leaves, I am so tired after the traveling from Aurangabad and the long walk in Mumbai that I quickly fall asleep despite having the couch next to the door right after eating a tasty tomato soup. 

Eau de coco dans la noix.


Guirguam Chowpatty avec les familles indiennes.


No time lost in the ladies wagon.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire