mardi 19 novembre 2013

J+32/ Vendredi 15 Novembre 2013: Elephanta Island

Spent the day visiting the caves of Elephanta Island. Thought it might only take something like two hours but the Gateway of India is far for Juhu where I am staying and the crossing is more than an hour. but it was worth it, especially the statue of Shiva with three heads (the creator, the protector and the destructor). Took the train again in the ladies wagon. I like it because I observe a lot of things there about the society and I get to meet nice girls. they taught me not to queue to get a ticket and how to ask sitting persons where they stop so as to reserve their seats. Families are nice with me when I am alone during visits. They often propose I do the visit with them. I already like the City. It reminds me of Casablanca in many aspects. I decide I am staying too far and I need to get closer to the center. I will move tomorrow morning. The ashram was a nice place to stay but I don't feel connected to the energy of people who are dancing and canting and praying all day. Time to say goodbye Juhu and head towards Colaba.
 
Taj Mahal Palace


Leaving Gateway of India

On the boat


Elephanta














Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire