lundi 17 février 2014

Week 18/ Kerala (1)/ Kochi - Munnar (2nd part)

Week of 10 February 2014. 
Split in 2 parts because of the pics volume.

Next day, I go to Ernakulam and take a bus there for Munnar, in the mountains. Tired of sweating all the time, I want coldness. It's a long drive because the road is sinuous and not well maintained. Moreover, we get stuck for 2 hours due to works on the road. I don't like to reach a new place at night, but the view is splendid, the air so fresh and I get lucky and find a place to stay rather quickly. It is Valentine Day and I laugh with joy in my bed, dressed with pants, pullover and scarf, delighted to feel the cold bite my skin. Now that's what real luxury is about!







A nice couple I met at my favourite restaurant there, Saravana Bhavan. They invited me to visit them in Thrissur where I wanted to go, but I lost their number with my telephone.


Tata Tea Museum and factory. Tata is present eveywhere here. There is a Tata hospital where I found a good doctor to help with my skin problem.











Hydel Park. Lovers go there in the evening. Beautiful flowers.













I lost my samsung between Hydel Park and the town. Everyone tried to help find it. I discovered that Munnar is a small town where everyone knows everyone. 

On second day, I hired a car and a guide for a nice day trip. I did not ride on poor elephant in the forest like most people do, but I couldn't resist touching and bathing one. I did my best to convey love and compassion through my hands and presence, and Shanti seemed to like it. I did not see violence against those elephants, but I observed skin diseases and exploitation. Some say that elephants are saved when exploited, but I don't believe it is a good thing to do. I saw wild elephants in South Africa. They were in better health and their eyes were not sad. 

My driver getting fined after alcool control. It's 8am. He pretends it's just administrative control. 











Flowers everywhere in these mountains. I hiked for 2 hours in tea plantations at Top Station, where I could find only peace and beauty.



Echo Point.






At the Dam.







Tea plantations.

























Flower point.















Kalaripayat. Indian martial art. In Kochi's national museum, they explain that a whole section of indian army was composed of kalaripayat experts.



















In & around Munnar.






Mosque.


Temple.


Church. As often in South India, places of various cults coexist in peace.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire