lundi 17 février 2014

Week 18/ Kerala (1)/ Kochi - Munnar (1st part)

Week of 10 February 2014. 
Split in 2 parts because of the pics volume.

Finally I left Mysore this monday morning. After almost two months of intense yoga, pranayama, dancing and singing learning, plus meeting great people. I feel so grateful and at the same time I already miss my teachers and friends. Goddbyes were full of joy and emotion. During my last breakfast with Jen, we meet again an incredibly radiant french girl who inspires me a great idea for the future. Mysore keeps bringing its gifts to me. Jen accompanies me to the train station. Crying beautiful tears. She is taking my room, I hope she will have great time there. I hope we meet again soon little sister. Train takes me to Bangalore first. 5 hours stop, spent in beauty parlour. 

Feeling like a Goddess after manicure and pedicure in Bangalore. ATM delivered me additional 500 rupees there. Took it as goodbye gift.


After peaceful night train trip, I arrive at dawn as usual in Kochi, but on the wrong bank. Sailing early morning is pleasant. Then I find the usual ricksahw who drives me to a budget guesthouse. That's where I meet Jean-Jacques, a French musician, who is just about to go for breakfast and proposes I join. I'm hungry and I like open sincere invitations. I just throw my bags in my room, not without noticing the old dust in the room and the hole in the sink. I'll deal with that later. Off we go. 

Man in the train.


Sailing early morning in Kochi.


Breakfast in the street with Jean-Jacques.


Later, I meet my penfriend Bea who is staying in Kochi for a few days and she immediately says yes when i propose that we spend the day at Cherai Beach. So good swimming in the sea, compared to the icy water of Regal's swimming pool in Mysore. She is such a lovely lively person.

Sweet Bea. In the boat for Cherai Beach.



Loooooong arm, no?


Chinese fishing nets (carrelets).




Enjoying the seaside at Cherai Beach. 40mn from Kochi by boat and bus.




Kathakali dance show in the evening. Very nice and pedagogic (maybe I'm inventing a word in English here - It works in French). After that, I forgot my hotel name so I went for dinner, hoping the name would pop out after good food.  I believe it is something like Fisherman's Friend. Lol. Finally, I find the visit card of the rickshaw who took me to the guesthouse. As my phone battery is dead, I have a rickshaw call him and they all laugh a lot about lost moroccan girl. The name is Good Sheperd. Not so far from Fisherman's Friend, the idea was there...How my brain works. Next day, I take a rickshaw. When I say I'm from Morocco, he says: Are you the girl who forgot the name of her hotel last night? Got famous quickly here...

First, one hour make-up. 





Then 30mn presentation of basic mudras (hand symbols) and face expressions. I love that, it reminds me of bharatanatyam dance I began to learn in Mysore.


Then the play. It is a scene of Mabharata where Draupadi, the wife of the 5 (yes 5) Pandava brothers, is humiliated by the man who won her form a dice play. Full of pain and anger, she turns to God Krishna and asks for justice.

God Krishna.




The evil one dies in horrible pain.



Luckily, little boy did not see the gore ending...


Second day spent visiting Kochi. 


I guess the Non Hotel Hotel thing means no restaurant in this hotel. A lot of restaurants in Kerala are just restaurants.


Gave them good chapattis leftovers.



Schoolgirls packed in rickshaw and waiving hello to me.


Sitting on a bag of chillies, I'm dynamite! A few minutes later, I meet again an ecuadorian boy I met 2 months before at Margaon train station in Goa. Visibly, roads can cross more often than one can expect. La vida es una caja de sorpresas.


Nice Art Cafe in Kochi.



Bea and her mom. Happy to meet so far from home.



Soon the metro in Ernakulam.


I spend the next day in the backwaters.  It is my first sailing in the Kerala. I don't like so much organized trips but I have to admit it was a nice day. I spent some time in the boat with a nice indian couple and another indian girl who told me to read the God of Little things by Kerala author Arundhati Roy.





Bird tree.



Tumeric. Very good for health in Ayurveda.


Warning. This is not mango but poisonous fruit. 


Pulling water from the well. Like in Moroccan desert. Genetics don't lie.


Art of threading from coconut.


Beautiful local flowers.




Our drive was one-eyed, but did pretty well.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire